The new end-to-end digital home lending process can be completed quickly and easily within the ANZ Plus mobile app. It is initially available to eligible owner-occupier applicants in metro New South Wales and Victoria for refinancing, with a competitive variable lending rate of 6.14%.
Maile Carnegie, Group Executive, Australia Retail said: “Owning a home is one of the biggest financial commitments most people will make in their lifetime. We believe the process should help customers to find the right loan for them, as easy and fast as possible.
“Additional features, more complex loan types and insights and tools to help customers own their home sooner will be added over time,” Ms Carnegie said.
The ANZ Plus home lending process provides customers with an up-to-date value of their home up front, a fast approval process, access to expert coaches, the ability to track settlement from start to finish and in-app access to a redraw facility.
Alongside home lending, additional features for the ANZ Plus transact and save products have also been released. These include secure in-app video chat with an ANZ Plus Coach, the ability to securely transfer high-value payments and a default block on screen sharing inside the app to provide additional protection from scams.
“This is the first in a series of capabilities being rolled out over coming months to enhance scam protection for customers. We’re continuously working to build and deliver innovative ways to make banking safer, by putting practical tools into our customers’ hands,” Ms Carnegie said.
Built by ANZ, ANZ Plus continues to be one of the fastest growing digital banking platforms in Australia, with more than $10 billion in deposits and 500,000 customers, 37% of whom are new to ANZ.
For more information visit: https://www.anz.com.au/plus
About ANZ Plus:
- ANZ Plus utilises modern technology, resulting in the delivery of not just a new app or new product offering, but a new retail banking platform for ANZ.
- ANZ Plus launched its first transact and save products to customers in 2022.
- ANZ Plus offers customers one of the most competitive savings rates in the market on ANZ Save at 4.90% p.a. if your ANZ Save balance is under $250,000, and 3.75% for balances over $250,000.
About ANZ Plus home lending:
- The ANZ Plus Home Loan Variable is digital-first, data-driven, highly automated and supported by ANZ Plus Coaches. With ANZ Plus home lending eligible customers in metro New South Wales and Victoria who wish to refinance can:
- Verify their identity in a few minutes via the app with no paper required.
- See a valuation of their home, so they can apply with confidence knowing it’s the valuation used to assess their application.
- Be approved in minutes for most loans.
- Receive their loan documents - written in simple language - in seconds.
- Access ANZ Plus Coaches who are on hand to help via chat, phone or secure in-app video call.
- Applications for customers who wish to refinance are only available through the ANZ Plus app and to a narrow set of customers initially in metro New South Wales and Victoria. Eligibility will expand over time.
New ANZ Plus transact and save features include:
- Scam Safe - Screen Sharing: The first in a series of ‘Scam Safe’ enhanced controls, this feature disables screen sharing within the ANZ Plus app. Customers may enable screen sharing purposes for 15 minutes, and turning this on will trigger educational content regarding the scam risks involved.
- Card on File: Customers can view merchants (i.e. Netflix, Amazon, Apple, and others) who have stored their ANZ Plus Visa debit card on file to process future transactions, helping them to keep on top of where their money is going.
- Video chat with a Coach: A first among the major Australian banks, video chat gives customers peace of mind that conversations about their finances are taking place in a secure setting inside the ANZ Plus app.
- Higher payment limits, protected by SelfieID: ANZ Plus has enabled high-value, self-service payments via BPAY and Pay Anyone. Customers need to successfully step-up using SelfieID to authenticate when changing a Pay Anyone or BPAY limit. Payments are protected by behavioural biometrics and FalconX controls.
- Round Ups (coming soon): When enabled, ANZ Plus will roundup eligible card purchases and transfer the extra amount to the customers ANZ Save account. Round Ups dollar preference will be set by default to the nearest $2 but can be changed to the nearest $1, $5 or $10.