According to the Peter Lee Associates 2023 Large Corporate & Institutional Relationship Banking Survey, Australia, ANZ was also named most trusted adviser, and No. 1 for lead bank and market penetration, Relationship Manager capability, and overall satisfaction with products and services.
The survey also recognised ANZ as most reliable and dependable for funding, for the ninth consecutive year, as well as market leader for Environmental, Social and Governance (ESG) and sustainable finance.
ANZ Managing Director Institutional Australia & PNG Tammy Medard said: “To be recognised again by the market as clear leaders when it comes to building relationships, is a testament to our team who consistently deliver outstanding insights, support and reliable funding to our clients.
“The results also recognise ANZ’s dominant position in the important ESG space. That said, it’s a competitive market and we’ll keep working hard to ensure clients continue to receive the support they need from us as their banking partner.”
In addition, the Peter Lee Associates, 2023 Large Corporate & Institutional Transactional Banking Survey, Australia, ranked ANZ as No. 1 for transaction banking, for the seventh consecutive year, as well as No. 1 for transaction banking product development and innovation, trade services, and supply chain finance.
ANZ Head of Transaction Banking Australia Philippa Campbell said: “We’re delighted to be recognised as the most innovative transactional bank in the market. We’re continuously improving our systems and offering valued insights and support to help our institutional customers sustainably build their businesses in a rapidly changing environment.”
Highlights of the Peter Lee Associates 2023 Large Corporate & Institutional Relationship Banking Survey Australia (Ranking the four major banks)
- #1 Relationship Strength Index (14 times since 2005)* including 2014-21, 2023
- #1 Lead Bank penetration 2016-23
- #1 Overall Market penetration 2013-23 (=1st in 2013 and 2015)
- #1 Most Trusted Adviser 2016-21, 2023
- #1 Most Reliable or Dependable for Funding 2015-23
- #1 Relationship Manager Capability 2016-21, 2023
- #1 Net Promoter Score 2023
- #1 Overall Satisfaction with Products and Services 2023
- #1 Creative Ideas and Solutions 2023
- #1 Best Industry Analysis 2016-2019, 2021-2023 (=1st in 2016 and 2021)
- #1 Market Leader in ESG/Sustainable Finance 2021-23
- #1 for Advice and Insights for ESG & Sustainable Finance 2022-23 (=1st in 2022)
Highlights of the Peter Lee Associates 2023 Large Corporate & Institutional Transactional Banking Survey Australia (Ranking the four major banks)
- #1 Transaction Banking Lead Bank and Market Penetration 2017-23
- #1 Trade Services Lead Bank and Market Penetration 2004-23
- #1 Supply Chain Financing Market Penetration 2015-23
- #1 Transaction Banking Product Development and Innovation 2023
* #1 RSI in 2005-06, 2008, 2010 (=1st), 2011, 2014-21, 2023.
The Peter Lee Associates Large Corporate and Institutional Banking surveys are a leading indicator of performance across wholesale banking in Australia. In total, 610 Australia-based large corporates and financial institutions with more than $A500m in annual turnover were surveyed.