The Annual Report includes information on ANZ’s financial and non-financial performance for the financial year ended 30 September 2022.
The ESG Supplement provides information on ANZ’s environmental, social and governance performance and challenges. As highlighted in the ESG Supplement, over the 2022 year we have:
- Achieved, or made good progress against, the majority of our public ESG targets and introduced new and refined targets for 2023 to extend work underway in our focus areas (pages 11-15).
- Continued to engage with 100 of our largest emitting business customers to encourage them to strengthen their low carbon transition plans and efforts to protect biodiversity (pages 19-21).
- Supported our customers to build their financial wellbeing including via the launch of the first ANZ Plus digital banking proposition (page 32).
- Played a role in improving the availability and affordability of housing such as via Assemble’s ANZ-funded “built-to-rent-to-own” housing development (page 41-44).
- Focused on employee wellbeing and future proofing our workforce, building on our history of employee diversity underpinned by a strong corporate culture (pages 64-74).
ANZ’s 2022 Climate-related Financial Disclosures will be released prior to our 2022 Annual General Meeting (AGM). This will be our sixth report using the Task Force on Climate-related Financial Disclosures’ (TCFD) recommendations, providing a more detailed update on our approach to climate change. Electronic copies of this report will also be made available on ANZ’s shareholder centre.