According to the 2022 Peter Lee Associates Large Corporate and Institutional Relationship Banking Survey, Australia, the majority of the 603 large Australian corporates surveyed cited ANZ as their lead relationship bank.
The latest survey also named ANZ as the Market Leader in ESG and sustainable finance for the second year in a row, with ANZ also ranked No.1 in the market for both industry knowledge and understanding client funding needs best.
ANZ Managing Director Institutional Australia & PNG Tammy Medard said: “Through the pandemic our customers needed to know that their bank was there for them. We were able to give them certainty in a time of significant uncertainty, and this year's results tell us that they value us most for that capability.”
“It’s particularly pleasing to once again be recognised as a market leader in the increasingly important areas of ESG and sustainable finance. ESG is a megatrend in banking and we’re encouraged to see our clients say they value our analysis, advisory and solutions in this space. That said, it’s a competitive market and we are always striving to improve.”
Survey highlights for ANZ Institutional include:
- #1 Lead Bank penetration since 2016
- #1 Overall Market penetration since 2016
- #1 Most Dependable and Reliable for Funding since 2016
- #1 Market Leader in ESG/Sustainable Finance since inception in 2021
- #1 Knowing Company’s Industry Best since 2014
- #1 Domestic Transactional Banking since 2016
- #1 Offshore Transactional Banking since 2015 (against 4 domestic majors)
- #1 Best Bank Delivered Industry Analysis since 2021
- #1 Understanding Total Funding Needs Best since 2018
- #1 Understanding Transactional Banking Needs Best since 2017
- #1 Lead Offshore Bank in 2022
- #1 Most Effective Senior Management Support since 2017
The Peter Lee Associates Large Corporate and Institutional Banking survey is a leading indicator of performance across wholesale banking in Australia. In total, 603 Australia-based large corporates and financial institutions with more than $A500m in annual turnover were surveyed.
 No.1 Market Leader in ESG and Sustainable Finance
 No.1 for Knows Company’s Industry Best, No.1 for Understands Total Funding Needs Best