The Annual Report provides shareholders with updates on ANZ’s performance, its strategy, remuneration outcomes, governance matters, as well as other developments across the business.
Highlights within this year’s Annual Report include:
- Statements from our Chairman and CEO (pp 4-7)
- Our approach to COVID-19 and support provided to our customers, our people and our community (pp 8-9)
- The risks and opportunities in our external operating environment and how we’re responding (pg 14)
- The work we are doing to become a fairer and more responsible bank (pp 16-17)
- How we create value for our shareholders through supporting our customers (pp 18-24); our people (pp 28-31); and our community and the relationships we hold with our stakeholders (pp 32-33)
- Our approach to risk management and commitment to maintaining sound practices through COVID-19 (pp 49-53)
Within our ESG Supplement, a more detailed report on our sustainability agenda, highlights include:
- Our annual materiality assessment and identification of issues that have the most potential to impact our ability to operate (pp 6-8)
- Full year performance against our ESG targets (pp 11-12)
- Our work to deliver on our long-term priority of better outcomes for customers, including the work we do with vulnerable customers (pp 17-24)
- Our approach to human rights and modern slavery, recognising the impact of our business activities and business relationships (pp 32-34)
ANZ has also released its Climate-Related Financial Disclosures (TCFD), and 2020 Climate Change Statement which aligns our support with the Paris Agreement’s goal of transitioning to net zero emissions by 2050.
This Statement acknowledges the investment required to support the transition. It also confirms ANZ’s commitment to playing our part through the lending decisions we make in financing customers and projects that contribute to reducing emissions and are resilient to a changing climate.
Electronic copies of these reports can be found at anz.com/annualreport