Sep 09, 2019
ANZ provides bushfire relief package for all of Australia
ANZ today made a financial relief package available for customers affected by devastating bushfires across the nation with many homes, properties and livestock already destroyed.
It comes after ANZ in September and November made relief packages available for customers in NSW and southern Queensland that faced fierce bushfires, many of which are still burning.
While the immediate focus needs to be on their safety, ANZ encouraged customers affected by the fires to contact the bank when appropriate so they could discuss how to access measures in the financial relief package, including:
- The ability to suspend repayments on loans, including credit cards, for up to three months (which may include interest capitalisation)
- Temporary interest rate relief on lending for customers experiencing extreme financial distress in areas impacted by the fires
- Waiving of fees associated with restructuring business loans considered necessary due to bushfire impacts
- Access to term deposits early without incurring any fees
- Assistance for affected customers with ANZ Home and Contents insurance as they may be eligible for measures such as emergency funds and temporary accommodation
ANZ has also extended special paid leave for employees who volunteer in emergency services to ensure they are financially supported while they serve the community.
ANZ General Managing Director Retail Banking, Kath Bray said: “Safety is the number one priority at the moment for those in the path of these fires, including the brave firefighters who risk so much to protect us.
“When the time is right to focus on recovering and rebuilding, we hope these relief measures help our customers in some way as they deal with this terrible experience.
“We have also provided additional leave for our employees who volunteer with emergency services as they may need to spend more time in the field this summer,” Mrs Bray said.
When appropriate, ANZ customers affected by bushfires in a disaster-declared area are encouraged to visit their local branch if they are able, or to contact their relationship manager to discuss the impact on their business or personal circumstances.
Customers can also contact ANZ’s dedicated financial hardship team on 1800 149 549 or anz.com/hardship.
To lodge an insurance claim, customers can call 13 16 14 or visit anz.com/insuranceclaims