ANZ encouraged customers affected by the cyclones to contact the bank so they could discuss their ability to access measures in the financial relief package, including:
- The ability to suspend repayments on loans, including credit cards, for up to three months (which may include interest capitalisation)
- Temporary interest rate relief on lending for customers experiencing extreme financial distress in areas impacted by the cyclones
- Waiving of fees associated with restructuring business loans considered necessary due to cyclone impacts
- Access to term deposits early without incurring any fees
- Assistance for affected customers with ANZ Home and Contents insurance as they may be eligible for measures such as emergency funds and temporary accommodation
ANZ General Manager Northern Queensland and Northern Territory, Tony Tapsall said: “We understand communities are still assessing the extent of the damage following the cyclones.
“We hope this relief package will provide some peace of mind to our customers through this distressing period as they begin the difficult recovery process,” Mr Tapsall said.
ANZ’s customers affected by the cyclones are encouraged to visit their local branch if they are able to, or to contact their relationship manager to discuss the impact on their business or personal circumstances.
Customers can also contact ANZ’s dedicated financial hardship team on 1800 149 549 or anz.com/hardship.
To lodge an insurance claim, customers can call 13 16 14 or visit anz.com/insuranceclaims