ANZ provides relief package for flood-affected customers in Queensland
ANZ today announced a financial assistance package for flood-affected customers across northern parts of Queensland where Townsville has been declared a disaster zone.
ANZ encouraged customers impacted by the severe flooding to contact the bank when they are able so they could discuss their ability to access measures in the financial relief package, including:
- The ability to suspend repayments on loans, including credit cards, for up to three months (which may include interest capitalisation)
- Temporary interest rate relief on lending for customers experiencing extreme financial distress in areas impacted by the floods
- Waiving of fees associated with restructuring business loans considered necessary due to flood impacts
- Access to term deposits early without incurring any fees
- Assistance for affected customers with ANZ Home and Contents insurance as they may be eligible for measures such as emergency funds and temporary accommodation
ANZ Managing Director Retail Distribution, Catriona Noble said: “This is the worst flooding in the area for 20 years and it has damaged homes, roads, schools and other community infrastructure.
“These are very difficult conditions for our customers to cope with and there are predictions that water levels may still rise. We hope our relief measures will help customers in some small way when they begin the recovery process,” Ms Noble said.
ANZ has temporarily closed its branches in Townsville, Aitkenvale and Kirwan as a result of the flooding. They will remain closed until further notice.
ANZ’s customers affected by the QLD floods can contact ANZ’s dedicated financial hardship team on 1800 149 549 or anz.com/hardship. They are also encouraged to contact their relationship manager to discuss the impact on their business or personal circumstances.
To lodge an insurance claim, customers can call 13 16 14 or visit anz.com.au/personal/insurance/make-a-claim/