Feb 01, 2019
ANZ provides relief package for bushfire-affected customers in Tasmania
ANZ today announced a financial assistance package for bushfire-affected customers in Tasmania where fierce blazes continue to burn through the island state.
ANZ encouraged customers impacted by the fires to contact the bank so they could discuss their ability to access measures in the financial relief package, including:
- The ability to suspend repayments on loans, including credit cards, for up to three months (which may include interest capitalisation)
- Temporary interest rate relief on lending for customers experiencing extreme financial distress in areas impacted by the fires
- Waiving of fees associated with restructuring business loans considered necessary due to bushfire impacts
- Access to term deposits early without incurring any fees
- Assistance for affected customers with ANZ Home and Contents insurance as they may be eligible for measures such as emergency funds and temporary accommodation
ANZ Managing Director Retail Distribution, Catriona Noble said: “There are still 19 fires burning uncontrolled across the state and authorities estimate nearly 200 hectares have already burnt out since the first fire at Gell River.
“These are extremely difficult conditions for our customers in Tasmania and with fires sparking up again in recent days, they still face much uncertainty. We hope these relief measures help them as they turn their minds to recovery and, in some cases, rebuilding,” Ms Noble said.
ANZ’s customers affected by the Tasmanian bushfires are encouraged to visit their local branch if they are able, or to contact their relationship manager to discuss the impact on their business or personal circumstances.
Customers can also contact ANZ’s dedicated financial hardship team on 1800 149 549 or anz.com/hardship.
To lodge an insurance claim, customers can call 13 16 14 or visit anz.com.au/insuranceclaims