The donation will be split between Financial Counselling Foundation and Australian Red Cross. The Financial Counselling Foundation will receive $50,000 to assist those experiencing financial hardship as a result of the floods. In addition, Red Cross will receive $50,000 for its Disaster Relief and Recovery fund, aiding people in emergencies including the floods of North Queensland and recent fires in Tasmania and Victoria.
ANZ General Manager Northern Queensland and Northern Territory, Tony Tapsall said: “This community has a huge job to do in cleaning up after these devastating floods and we know the impacted people need all the help they can get.
“Our team is closely monitoring the situation and reaching out to our customers to see what we can do to help, but there is still a long way to go. We hope these donations help people with the recovery from this disaster in some small way,” Mr Tapsall said.
The donations come after ANZ announced a financial relief package for affected customers on 1 February.
ANZ encouraged customers impacted by the severe flooding to contact the bank when they are able to discuss their ability to access measures in the relief package, including:
- The ability to suspend repayments on loans, including credit cards, for up to three months (which may include interest capitalisation)
- Temporary interest rate relief on lending for customers experiencing extreme financial distress in areas impacted by the floods
- Waiving of fees associated with restructuring business loans considered necessary due to flood impacts
- Access to term deposits early without incurring any fees
- Assistance for affected customers with ANZ Home and Contents insurance as they may be eligible for measures such as emergency funds and temporary accommodation
ANZ’s customers affected by the QLD floods can contact ANZ’s dedicated financial hardship team on 1800 149 549 or anz.com/hardship. They are also encouraged to contact their relationship manager to discuss the impact on their business or personal circumstances.
To lodge an insurance claim, customers can call 13 16 14 or visit anz.com.au/insuranceclaims