ANZ is committed to:
- raising awareness of LGBTIQ+ issues through education to promote respect and inclusion
- providing support through networks, information and resources
- taking action to ensure unconscious bias is removed from policies and processes
- building a culture of respect by encouraging people to bring their authentic selves to work every day; and
- increasing community engagement through various partnerships.
ANZ is proud to have an LGBTIQ+ network (Pride) available to our employees. Pride’s purpose is to ‘shape and connect our world so everyone can embrace their authentic selves and thrive’. The Pride strategy focuses on three key areas of LGBTIQ+ inclusion – customers, employees and community.
Pride has been in place since 2007 and aims to provide, contact point and support mechanism for LGBTIQ+ people as well as heterosexual and cisgender allies. ANZ Pride aims to increase diversity, inclusion and respect through active engagement of our people across the globe.
Member of ANZ’s Pride network are recognised thought leaders in LGBTIQ+ inclusion across Australia and have provided support and advice to other organisations looking to develop and grow employee resource groups and inclusive policies.
ANZ is proud to be recognised as a Gold Tier employer for LGBTIQ+ inclusion in Australia, Hong Kong and New Zealand.
ANZ Pride achievements:
- ANZ is one of 235 organisations worldwide to support the UN LGBTI Standards of Conduct for Business
- ANZ became the first major publically listed company in Australia and New Zealand to affirm the Darlington Statement which supports the intersex human rights movement.
- Enduring community partnerships with GLOBE, Sydney Gay and Lesbian Mardi Gras, Transgender Victoria and Intersex Human Rights Australia.
- In partnership with Sydney Gay and Lesbian Mardi Gras, developed the ANZ Mardi Gras Community Grants program to provide funding for a wide range of purposes including education and training, community development and creation, arts and culture. In total, more than $200,000 worth of grants have been provided to community groups across Australia.
- Facilitate ongoing volunteering opportunities with community groups including Minus18, Thorne Harbour Health, JOYFM, Gay and Lesbian Archives, and NZ AIDS Foundation.
- ANZ Pride members have volunteered hundreds of hours at LGBTIQ+ organisations and charities across Australia and Zealand.
- Partnered with marketing and creative teams to help produce GAYTMs, GAYNZ and YAYNZ campaigns for Sydney Gay and Lesbian Mardi Gras
- Advocated for the inclusion of LGBTIQ+ people in advertising
- Internal support and guidance for transitioning employees
- Subject matter experts on policy guidance across the Group
Awards and recognition:
Australian Workplace Equality Index Awards
- 2017 Employer of the Year
- 2017 Transgender Inclusion Award
- 2018 runner-up Employer of the Year
- 2019 Platinum Tier Employer.
- Pride Leader Melissa Tandy two-time Ally of the Year Award winner
- Pride Leader Dave Beks Out Role Model of the Year Award winner
- Pride Leader Caitlin Monnery-Korving Sapphire Inspire Award winner
- Media and campaign awards for GAYTMs and #HoldTight
New Zealand Rainbow Tick Accredited Employer
Hong Kong LGBT+ Inclusion Index
- 2018 Gold Standard
- 2019 Silver Standard