ANZ encouraged affected customers to contact the bank so they could discuss their ability to access measures in the financial relief package, including:
- The ability to suspend repayments on loans, including credit cards, for up to three months (which may include interest capitalisation)
- Temporary interest rate relief on lending for customers experiencing extreme financial distress in areas impacted by the storms
- Waiving of fees associated with restructuring business loans considered necessary due to storm impacts
- Access to term deposits early without incurring any fees
- Assistance for affected customers with ANZ Home and Contents insurance as they may be eligible for measures such as emergency funds and temporary accommodation
ANZ Managing Director Retail Distribution, Catriona Noble said: “These were some of the worst storms we’ve seen in Sydney and the surrounding area for decades.
“It’s difficult for our customers who now need to deal with the aftermath, particularly as it is so close to the Christmas holiday period. We hope these relief measures help them with that task,” Ms Noble said.
ANZ’s customers affected by the NSW storms are encouraged to visit their local branch if they are able, or to contact their relationship manager to discuss the impact on their business or personal circumstances.
Customers can also contact ANZ’s dedicated financial hardship team on 1800 149 549 or anz.com/hardship.
To lodge an insurance claim, customers can call 13 16 14 or visit anz.com.au/personal/insurance/make-a-claim/