ANZ Head of Agribusiness, Mark Bennett said: “We are extremely saddened to hear how difficult things have been for some of our fruit growers over the past week as they have been forced to dispose of perfectly good crops due to the deliberate and callous contamination of a tiny amount of fruit.
“We remain committed to all our fruit growers and hope that in some small way this support package will help our customers who have been impacted by this crisis,” Mr Bennett said.
ANZ encourages customers impacted to contact their Agribusiness Manager so we can provide support and work with them on the best possible solutions to meet their needs.
As part of its assistance package, ANZ offers to:
- suspend repayments on loans, including credit cards, for up to three months (which includes interest capitalisation)
- waiving fees associated with restructuring business loans considered necessary
- restructuring finances or applying for new home or personal loans without incurring the usual application fees
- provide temporary adjustments to existing lending limits, including credit cards, to assist with unexpected costs
- accessing term deposits early without incurring any fees for impacted customers
- waive life insurance premiums for up to three months for eligible customers of ANZ
Customers who require assistance can visit an ANZ branch, speak to their Agribusiness manager or contact ANZ’s dedicated hardship team on 1800 351 548 or visit www.anz.com/hardship