As part of its assistance package, ANZ will:
- Suspend repayments on loans including credit cards for up to three months
- Waive fees associated with restructuring business loans considered necessary due to the flooding
- Assess term deposits early without incurring any fees
- Waive fees associated with replacing damaged business EFTPOS and credit card terminals
- Offer relief assistance such as emergency funds and temporary accommodation to eligible customers with Home and Contents insurance
ANZ General Manager for Northern Queensland, Tony Tapsall: “While our immediate concern is for the safety of those in the impacted areas, we want all our customers impacted to know we’re ready to provide them with the support to help get them back on their feet.
“Our branches remain open and we encourage any customers that have been adversely impacted to get in touch as soon as they can to discuss their individual needs,” Mr Tapsall said.
ANZ branches in the affected region are currently open. Customers can visit the branch for assistance or call the ANZ financial hardship team on 1800 149 549.
To lodge an insurance claim affected customers can call 13 16 14 or visit anz.com/insuranceclaims.