As part of its assistance package, ANZ offers to:
• Suspend repayments on loans, including credit cards, for up to three months (which may include interest capitalisation)
• Waive fees associated with restructuring business loans considered necessary due to fire impacts
• Enable access to term deposits early without incurring any fees for impacted customers
• Waive fees associated with replacement of damaged business EFTPOS/credit card terminals
• Assist affected customers with Home and Contents insurance may be eligible to receive assistance including emergency funds and temporary accommodation
ANZ General Manager NSW/ACT Amanda Heath-Ogden said: “It’s devastating to see the impact of the bushfires over the weekend. We understand from authorities that the threat is far from over with fires still burning on the south coast of NSW and also in Victoria’s south west.
“It’s a tragedy for the people who lost their homes and businesses; we hope this assistance package provides them with the financial relief and support they need.”
ANZ’s customers affected in New South Wales and Victoria are encouraged to visit their local branch if they are able or to contact their relationship manager to discuss the impact on their business or personal circumstances.
Customers can also contact ANZ’s dedicated financial hardship team on 1800 149 549 or anz.com/hardship.
To lodge an insurance claim, customers can call 13 16 14 or visit anz.com/insuranceclaims.