Tony Tapsall General Manager Northern Queensland and Northern Territory said: “After closely monitoring the impact of Cyclone Debbie, we have activated our financial relief package to customers in the region. Our thoughts go out to everyone affected during this difficult time.”
As part of its assistance package, ANZ offers to:
- suspend repayments on loans, including credit cards, for up to three months (which may include interest capitalisation)
- waiving fees associated with restructuring business loans considered necessary due to cyclone impacts
- restructuring finances or applying for new home or personal loans without incurring the usual application fees
- provide temporary adjustments to existing lending limits, including credit cards, to assist with unexpected costs
- accessing term deposits early without incurring any fees for impacted customers
- waive fees associated with replacement of damaged business EFTPOS/credit card terminals
- terminals affected customers with Home and Contents insurance may be eligible to receive assistance including emergency funds and temporary accommodation
- waive life insurance premiums for up to three months for eligible customers of ANZ
ANZ customers affected by the cyclones are encouraged to visit their local branch when it opens if they are able or to contact their relationship manager to discuss the impact on their business or personal circumstances.
Please check the ANZ Australia Facebook and ANZ Australia Twitter profiles for up to date information on branch closures or visit anz.com.au.
Customers can also contact ANZ’s dedicated financial hardship team on 1800 149 549 or to lodge an insurance claim, ANZ Insurance can be contacted on 13 16 14.