ANZ today announced a financial assistance package for customers impacted by bushfires in New South Wales.
Head of Regional Business Banking NSW, Stuart Hancock said: “It’s devastating to see the impact of the bushfires over the weekend with authorities fighting over 200 fires around NSW. We know the conditions were the worst seen by fire fighters in 25 years and the situation is still being monitored closely.
“Our thoughts go out to all who have been impacted, including the firefighters who have lost their homes while protecting the homes of others. This is a very difficult time for our staff and customers in NSW who have lost livestock and property, we hope this assistance package provides them with the financial relief and support they need.”
As part of its assistance package, ANZ offers to:
- suspend repayments on loans, including credit cards, for up to three months (which may include interest capitalisation)
- waiving fees associated with restructuring business loans considered necessary due to fire impacts
- restructuring finances or applying for new home or personal loans without incurring the usual application fees
- provide temporary adjustments to existing lending limits, including credit cards, to assist with unexpected costs
- accessing term deposits early without incurring any fees for impacted customers
- waive fees associated with replacement of damaged business EFTPOS/credit card terminals
- affected customers with Home and Contents insurance may be eligible to receive assistance including emergency funds and temporary accommodation
- waive life insurance premiums for up to three months for eligible customers of ANZ or OnePath, a company of ANZ.
ANZ’s customers affected in New South Wales are encouraged to visit their local branch if they are able or to contact their relationship manager to discuss the impact on their business or personal circumstances.
Customers can also contact ANZ’s dedicated financial hardship team on 1800 149 549 or anz.com/hardship, or to lodge an insurance claim customers can call 13 16 14 or visit anz.com/insuranceclaims
For media enquiries contact:
Francesca Rizzo, +61 400 556 287