ANZ Managing Director Retail Distribution Catriona Noble said: “We have seen extreme weather conditions in South Australia cause a state-wide blackout and extensive damage to property and infrastructure. Heavy rain and wind is forecast to continue today with Victoria and New South Wales also expected to be impacted.
“Our thoughts go out to everyone affected by these storms. We hope this package will help ease some of the financial burden for these communities as they recover from the damage,” said Ms Noble.
As part of its assistance package, ANZ offers to:
- suspend repayments on loans, including credit cards, for up to three months (which may include interest capitalisation);
- waive fees associated with restructuring business loans considered necessary due to storm impacts;
- provide temporary adjustments to existing lending limits, including credit cards to assist with unexpected costs;
- waive fees associated with replacement of damaged business EFTPOS/credit card terminal;
- provide early access to term deposits without incurring any fees for impacted customers;
- waive life insurance premiums for up to three months for eligible customers of ANZ or OnePath, a company of ANZ.
In addition, affected customers with Home and Contents insurance may be eligible to receive assistance including emergency funds and temporary accommodation.
ANZ customers impacted by the storms are encouraged to visit their local branch, if possible, or to contact their relationship manager to discuss the impact on their business or personal circumstances.
Customers can also contact ANZ’s dedicated financial hardship team on 1800 149 549 or lodge an insurance claim on 13 16 14 or visit anz.com/insuranceclaims.