In honour of the 10th anniversary of the bank’s Sydney Gay and Lesbian Mardi Gras sponsorship ANZ will become GAYNZ.
In a public display of pride, the bank’s Oxford Street branch – at the heart of the Mardi Gras parade route in Darlinghurst – has been rebranded as a GAYNZ branch.
Completely reimagined inside and out, the GAYNZ branch is a baroque-inspired celebration of LGBTI culture. It features two new GAYTMs, ornate walls, a marbled floor and 16 unique, hand-painted murals inspired by the LGBTI community.
Chair of ANZ’s Australia Division Diversity Council Mark Hand said: “Diversity, inclusion and respect is an important part of what we do at ANZ so we are particularly proud of our partnership with Mardi Gras which started because our staff passionately believed in supporting the cause 10 years ago.
“Over the past few years we have had an incredible response to our GAYTMs, so it was only natural to take things to a new level to celebrate the milestone. GAYNZ is often used to describe us at Mardi Gras and we thought transforming the Oxford Street branch and naming it GAYNZ was a fitting way to demonstrate our continued support for the LGBTI community.”
In a first for an Australian brand and a bank worldwide, ANZ is collaborating with Twitter to develop a rainbow coloured flag emoji, which will appear whenever #GAYNZ is used on the social media platform.
This year ANZ will have more people than ever participating in the Mardi Gras Parade with 230 staff, family and friends set to march.
Four GAYTMs have also been returned to the George Street and Pitt Street branches. ATM operator fees for non-ANZ cardholders from GAYTMs will once again be donated to Twenty10, a not-for-profit organisation working with and supporting people of diverse genders, sexes and sexualities, their families and communities.
For more information and live updates on the GAYNZ branch follow @ANZ_AU on Twitter or visit facebook.com/ANZAustralia
More information about ANZ’s Diversity and Inclusion policies can be found here
NOTES FOR EDITORS:
- ANZ has been a proud sponsor of Sydney Gay and Lesbian Mardi Gras for 10 years and became Principal Partner in 2014
- ANZ’s Pride Network promotes diversity, inclusion and respect for the bank’s staff and customers worldwide
- ANZ’s GAYTM campaign was the most awarded Australian campaign at Cannes International Festival of Creativity in 2014, winning seven Cannes Lions including the prestigious Grand Prix for Outdoor.
- The 2014 campaign was also awarded by B&T for Best PR campaign and Best Social Media campaign, it collected several ADMA AC&E awards, and has also been named ‘The Best Direct campaign in the World’ for 2014 by The Big Won Report.
- The 2015 campaign ‘The only GAYTM in the village’ was awarded a Cannes Lion for promotion and activation and was a category winner in the 2015 AC&E awards.
Creative Agency: Whybin\TBWA Melbourne
Executive Creative Director: Paul Reardon
Creative Directors: Tara Ford. Daniel Pizzato
Creatives: Tim Woolford. Scott Canning
Senior Producer: Janine Wertheim
Production Company - Will O'Rourke:
Artistic, Design and Project Directors: The Glue Society’s James Dive & Pete Baker
Managing Director/EP: Michael Ritchie
EP/Head of Projects: Josh Mullens
Producer: Jasmin Helliar
Production Manager: Phoebe Marks
Production Designer: Sam Hobbs
Art Director: Sam Wilde
Construction Manager: Cameron Stanton
Scenic Painters: Andrea Davies, Bill Undery, Mark Dixon, Rosalind McKelvey Bunting, Colin Richards, Jo Allsop
Graphic Designer: Robyn Schremmer
Account Service and Planning:
Regional Group Head: Ricci Meldrum
Group Business Director: Claire Tenzer
Account Manager: Emily Gray
Account Executive: Jack Clemenger
Digital Planner: Paul Arena