ANZ Head of Regional Business Banking Western Australia Brent Searle said: “Over the past 24 hours we have seen the area near Esperance on Western Australia’s south coast hit by one of the worst bushfires the region has ever faced, with lives tragically lost and property damaged. Our thoughts are with those close to this devastating situation.
“We understand that the worst is not over with officials saying it will take a few days to get the bushfires under control, however we were keen to activate a relief package as soon as possible to give those impacted the support they need,” Mr Searle said.
As part of its assistance package, ANZ offers to:
- suspend repayments on loans, including credit cards, for up to three months (which may include interest capitalisation);
- waive fees associated with restructuring business loans considered necessary due to bushfire impacts;
- provide temporary adjustments to lending limits, including credit cards to assist with unexpected costs;
- waive fees associated with replacement of damaged business EFTPOS/credit card terminal;
- provide early access to term deposits without incurring any fees for impacted customers; and
- affected customers with Home and Contents insurance may be eligible to receive assistance including emergency funds and temporary accommodation
ANZ’s customers affected in Western Australia are encouraged to visit their local branch if they are able or to contact their relationship manager to discuss the impact on their business or personal circumstances.
Customers can also contact ANZ’s dedicated financial hardship team on 1800 149 549 or to lodge an insurance claim customers can call 13 16 14 or visit www.anz.com/insuranceclaims