ANZ General Manager Retail Branch Network South Australia, Michael Wake said: “Authorities confirmed the very worst news this morning that lives have been tragically lost and many have been injured by the fires, on top of this people’s homes and businesses have also been destroyed.
“While the full impact of the fires is not yet known, we want our staff and customers to understand we’re here to provide them with the support they need. Our deepest sympathies are with those affected during this difficult time,” Mr Wake said.
As part of its assistance package, ANZ offers to:
- suspend repayments on loans, including credit cards, for up to three months (which may include interest capitalisation);
- waive fees associated with restructuring business loans considered necessary due to bushfire impacts;
- provide temporary adjustments to lending limits, including credit cards to assist with unexpected costs;
- waive fees associated with replacement of damaged business EFTPOS/credit card terminal;
- provide early access to term deposits without incurring any fees for impacted customers; and
- affected customers with Home and Contents insurance may be eligible to receive assistance including emergency funds and temporary accommodation.
ANZ’s customers affected in South Australia are encouraged to visit their local branch if they are able or to contact their relationship manager to discuss the impact on their business or personal circumstances.
Customers can also contact ANZ’s dedicated financial hardship team on 1800 149 549 or to lodge an insurance claim customers can call 13 16 14 or visit www.anz.com/insuranceclaims