ANZ Chairman David Gonski said: “The Board and our senior executive team recently visited the West Coast of the United States to consolidate our understanding and refine our approach to digital transformation. The meetings also helped deepen our understanding of the opportunities that emerging technologies are creating to better support our customers.
“The financial services industry is now undergoing rapid change driven by advances in digital technology. The aim of establishing this advisory group is to ensure the Board and management have access to external perspectives, specialist insights and trusted advice to ensure we successfully navigate future opportunities and challenges,” Mr Gonski said.
The ANZ International Technology and Digital Business Advisory Panel will meet quarterly with the Board’s Technology Committee. Its members are:
- Aliza Knox - Managing Director Online Sales, Twitter Asia Pacific & Latin America
- Don Kingsborough - Former Vice President Global Retail and Head of Strategic Development, PayPal
- Filippo Passerini - Former Group President Global Business Services and CIO, Procter & Gamble
- Gerard Florian - Senior Vice President, Strategy and Engagement, IT as a Service, Dimension Data
- ANZ International Technology Advisory Panel - Member Biographies
ANZ International Technology Advisory Panel
- Managing Director Online Sales, Twitter Asia Pacific & Latin America
- Non-Executive Director Singapore Post
- Non-Executive Director Scentre Group
- Non-Executive Director GfK
Ms Knox leads Twitter's Asia Pacific and Latin America Online Sales and Self-Serve advertising business, and held a similar role at Google before joining Twitter. Prior to this, she was responsible for B2B product management at Visa. Ms Knox is based in Singapore.
- Former Vice President Global Retail and Head of Strategic Development, PayPal
- Non-Executive Director of Westfield Corporation
- Non-Executive Director of Raise
As the head of PayPal’s Global Strategic Development group, Mr Kingsborough was responsible for extending Paypal’s online presence into the offline world of retail store payments. Prior to Paypal, he was founder and CEO of BlackHawk Network (prepaid cards). Mr Kingsborough is based in California.
- Former Group President Global Business Services and CIO, Procter & Gamble
- Operating Executive The Carlyle Group
- Columbia University Academic Director & Professor in Residence
- Non-Executive Director United Rentals
- Non-Executive Director Greatbatch
- Mr Passerini led the integration of P&G’s IT and services groups to form one of the largest and most progressive shared services organisations in the world. He is globally recognised as a thought leader, and for creating new and progressive business models and leveraging digital technology. Mr Passerini is based in New York.
- Senior Vice President, Strategy and Engagement, IT as a Service Unit, Dimension Data
Mr Florian manages the cloud strategy for Dimension Data, a global Information and Communications Technology services company. He is responsible for the planning, development and marketing of Dimension Data’s cloud offerings. Prior roles at Dimension Data include Chief Technology Officer and Chief Marketing Officer. Mr Florian is based in Sydney.