Mark Hand, ANZ Managing Director Retail Distribution said: “Our thoughts are with those affected by Cyclone Marcia – this is a very difficult time for both customers and our staff in a region that has been hit hard by natural disasters in recent years.
“While the full impact of the cyclone is not yet known, we want customers to know that if they are impacted we’re here with the financial support they need to get back on their feet. We are also closely monitoring the impact of Cyclone Lam in the Northern Territory and will activate a response package if that becomes necessary,” Mr Hand said.
As part of its assistance package, ANZ offers to:
- suspend repayments on loans, including credit cards, for up to three months (with interest capitalised);
- waive fees associated with restructuring business loans considered necessary due to cyclone impacts;
- provide temporary adjustments to lending limits, including credit cards, to assist with unexpected costs;
- waive fees associated with replacement of damaged business EFTPOS/credit card terminals;
- provide early access to term deposits without incurring any fees for impacted customers; and
- affected customers with Home and Contents insurance may be eligible to receive assistance including emergency funds and temporary accommodation
ANZ customers affected by the cyclones are encouraged to visit their local branch if they are able or to contact their relationship manager to discuss the impact on their business or personal circumstances.
Some branches and business centres in the area are currently closed; please check the ANZ media centre for more information.
Customers can also contact ANZ’s dedicated financial hardship team on 1800 149 549 or to lodge an insurance claim, ANZ Insurance can be contacted on 13 16 14.