Mark Whelan, ANZ Managing Director Global Commercial Banking said: “The fires in Western Australia’s south-west region around Northcliffe have been burning for over a week with authorities saying the threat is far from over.
“We want our staff and customers to know we’re here to provide them with the financial help they need to get them through this tough time and we’ll be making available a range of financial support options,” said Mr Whelan.
As part of its assistance package, ANZ offers to:
- suspend repayments on loans, including credit cards, for up to three months (with interest capitalised);
- waiving fees associated with restructuring business loans considered necessary due to bushfire impacts;
- provide temporary adjustments to lending limits, including credit cards, to assist with unexpected costs;
- waive fees associated with replacement of damaged business EFTPOS/credit card terminals;
- accessing term deposits early without incurring any fees for impacted customers;
- affected customers with Home and Contents insurance may be eligible to receive assistance including emergency funds and temporary accommodation
ANZ customers affected by the bushfires in West Australia are encouraged to visit their local branch if they are able or to contact their relationship manager to discuss the impact on their business or personal circumstances. Customers can also contact ANZ’s dedicated financial hardship team on 1800 149 549 or to lodge an insurance claim, ANZ & OnePath Insurance can be contacted on 13 16 14.