Mark Hand, ANZ Managing Director Retail Distribution said: “After closely monitoring the impact of Cyclone Lam in the Northern Territory, we have activated our financial relief package to customers in the region. Our thoughts go out to everyone affected during this difficult time.
“All of our branches and business centres in the Northern Territory and Queensland have reopened except for Yeppoon, which we expect to have back open to customers by the end of the week,” Mr Hand said.
As part of its assistance package, ANZ offers to:
- suspend repayments on loans, including credit cards, for up to three months (with interest capitalised);
- waive fees associated with restructuring business loans considered necessary due to cyclone impacts;
- provide temporary adjustments to lending limits, including credit cards, to assist with unexpected costs;
- waive fees associated with replacement of damaged business EFTPOS/credit card terminals;
- provide early access to term deposits without incurring any fees for impacted customers; and
- affected customers with Home and Contents insurance may be eligible to receive assistance including emergency funds and temporary accommodation
ANZ customers affected by the cyclones are encouraged to visit their local branch if they are able or to contact their relationship manager to discuss the impact on their business or personal circumstances. Customers can also contact ANZ’s dedicated financial hardship team on 1800 149 549 or to lodge an insurance claim, ANZ Insurance can be contacted on 13 16 14.