Mark Whelan, ANZ Managing Director Global Corporate and Commercial Banking said: “The fires in the Adelaide Hills region of South Australia are some of the worst in the state’s history, with authorities describing some parts as major emergency areas.
“The Premier Jay Weatherill today confirmed that 12 homes have been destroyed and another 20 are still under threat. It’s during these tough times that we want our staff and customers to know we’re here to provide them with the financial support they need to get back on their feet,” said Mr Whelan.
As part of its assistance package, ANZ offers to:
- suspend repayments on loans, including credit cards, for up to three months (with interest capitalised);
- waiving fees associated with restructuring business loans considered necessary due to bushfire impacts;
- provide temporary adjustments to lending limits, including credit cards, to assist with unexpected costs;
- accessing term deposits early without incurring any fees for impacted customers
- waive fees associated with replacement of damaged business EFTPOS/credit card terminals.
ANZ customers affected by the bushfires are encouraged to visit their local branch if they are able or to contact their relationship manager to discuss the impact on their business or personal circumstances. ANZ’s dedicated natural disaster team can also be contacted on 1800 149 549.