ANZ’s Managing Director Retail Mark Hand said: “Five years on from Black Saturday we are again reminded that bushfires can have a devastating impact. So far around 20 homes and properties are reported as being destroyed, with areas north east of Melbourne hardest hit over the weekend and fire still threatening property.”
“We want customers to know that ANZ is ready to provide financial assistance to those impacted by fire and we encourage people to call us to discuss their needs,” Mr Hand said.
ANZ’s dedicated hardship team can be reached on 1800 149 549. Alternatively, customers can contact their local branch or relationship manager. ANZ Insurance can also be contacted on 13 16 14.
Relief measures available for customers include:
- reduced payments or suspending repayments on loans and credit cards for an agreed period of time;
- considering applications for temporary adjustments to lending limits to assist with unexpected costs;
- ability to access term deposits early without incurring penalty fees;
- restructuring finances or applying for new home or personal loans without incurring the usual application fees;
- waiving fees associated with the replacement of damaged business EFTPOS/credit card terminal.