ANZ’s Managing Director Retail Products and Marketing Matt Boss said: “Australians are again digesting news of a bushfire devastating a community and with weather conditions worsening it is shaping up as potentially a long fire season.”
“Our immediate concern is for the safety of those in and around the Perth Hills area where early reports suggest around 50 homes have been lost. We want our customers to know that ANZ is ready to provide the financial assistance they need to help get them back on their feet.”
ANZ’s dedicated hardship team can be reached on 1800 252 845. Alternatively, customers can contact their local branch or relationship manager. ANZ Insurance can also be contacted on 13 16 14.
Relief measures available for customers include:
- suspending loan payments for impacted customers;
- waiving fees associated with restructuring business loans considered necessary due to bushfire impacts;
- considering temporary adjustments to customer lending limits including credit cards to help people cope financially with unexpected costs arising from the fires;
- waiving fees associated with the replacement of damaged business EFTPOS/credit card terminals; and
- accessing term deposits early without incurring any fees for impacted customers.