ANZ General Manager Regional Commercial Banking, Tania Motton said: “It was only a few short months ago that communities across the State were cleaning up from the severe floods that hit the East-Coast of Australia and now yet another part of NSW has to deal with the devastating impact of another natural disaster.
“We are acutely aware of the impact that floods like this have on both the local community and our customers.
We hope that the assistance package we are announcing today provides some financial support for these customers doing it tough and allows them to focus on the recovery,” said Ms Motton.
As part of its assistance package, ANZ offers to:
• Suspend repayments on loans, including credit cards, for up to three months (with interest capitalised);
• Provide support to restructure finances;
• Provide temporary adjustments to lending limits, including credit cards, to assist with unexpected costs;
• Waive fees associated with replacement of damaged business EFTPOS/credit card terminals; and
• Access term deposits early without incurring any fees.
All ANZ branches in the impacted areas are open and fully operational. ANZ customers affected by the floods are encouraged to visit their local branch if they are able or to contact their relationship manager to discuss the impact on their business or personal circumstances. Insurance customers are advised to lodge any claims as soon as possible by calling OnePath on 13 16 14.
Customers can also use our phone and internet banking services, which is available to customers 24 hours a day, seven days a week by calling ANZ’s call centre on 13 13 14 or by visiting anz.com.