ANZ General Manager Regional Commercial Banking, Tania Motton said: “With extreme rainfall over the last few days, the Premier has declared the south coast of NSW including the towns of Shellharbour, Kiama, Bega, and Bombala a natural disaster area.”
“At this point in time, it is too early to tell the extent of the flood damage. We know that floods can have a very real impact on many of our customers and we hope that this package provides some financial relief so the community can focus on the immediate recovery,” said Ms Motton.
While emergency services are still closely monitoring the situation, there have been hundreds of emergency requests for help as well as flood rescues in the area.
As part of its assistance package, ANZ offers to:
• Suspend repayments on loans, including credit cards, for up to three months (with interest capitalised);
• Provide support to restructure finances;
• Provide temporary adjustments to lending limits, including credit cards, to assist with unexpected costs;
• Waive fees associated with replacement of damaged business EFTPOS/credit card terminals; and
• Access term deposits early without incurring any fees.
ANZ customers affected by the floods are encouraged to visit their local branch if they are able or to contact their relationship manager to discuss the impact on their business or personal circumstances. Customers can also use our phone and internet banking services, which is available to customers 24 hours a day, seven days a week by calling ANZ’s call centre on 13 13 14 or by visiting anz.com