ANZ Managing Director, Retail Distribution, Mark Hand, said: “Australians are battling the effects of extreme weather and while much of the country has been dealing with floods and cyclones the residents of Perth are now fighting extreme bushfires. “The Premier has already declared the Roleystone fire scene a natural disaster and there are still several other fronts out of control. This has had a very real impact on many of our customers and staff and we’re ready to provide them with the financial support they need to get back on their feet,” said Mr Hand.
As part of its assistance package, ANZ offers to:
• suspend repayments on loans, including credit cards, for up to three months (with interest capitalised);
• waive bank fees associated with restructuring finances;
• provide temporary adjustments to lending limits, including credit cards, to assist with unexpected costs;
• access term deposits early without incurring any fees; and
• waive fees associated with replacement of damaged business EFTPOS/credit card terminals.
ANZ customers affected by the bushfires are encouraged to visit their local branch if they are able or to contact their relationship manager to discuss the impact on their business or personal circumstances. Customers can also use our phone and internet banking services, which is available to customers 24 hours a day, seven days a week by calling ANZ’s call centre on 13 13 14 or by visiting anz.com