ANZ Regional Manager, North and West South Australia, Adam Moss, said: “The fires have already impacted a number of homes and businesses and we’re hoping, along with the rest of the community, that the fires will be contained soon. We understand this is a challenging time for Port Lincoln residents and we want to help support customers who may be experiencing difficulty.”
ANZ customers who are affected by the bushfires are encouraged to contact their local ANZ branch or relationship manager to discuss the impact of the fire on their business or personal circumstances.
As part of its assistance package, ANZ will offer to:
- suspend repayments on all loans for three months;
- waive fees associated with restructuring business loans considered necessary due to fire impacts;
- waive early withdrawal costs for term deposits;
- consider temporary adjustments to customer lending limits including credit cards to assist them to cope financially with unexpected costs arising from the fires;
- waive fees associated with replacement of damaged business EFTPOS/credit card terminals.
“The memories of the 2005 fires are still very much with the people of Port Lincoln and our local staff. We are committed to helping our local community, and trust these measures will provide some relief for individuals and businesses that have been impacted by the extreme conditions,” Mr Moss said.
All ANZ branches and ATMs in the affected areas are open as usual. Phone and internet banking are available to customers 24 hours-a-day, seven-days a week by calling 13 13 14 or visiting www.anz.com.