ANZ General Manager, Regional Queensland Hamish Davidson said: “The storms have had a dramatic effect on Cairns and the Cassowary Coast regions. We understand this is a very difficult time and we want to help support customers who may be experiencing difficulty.”
ANZ customers who are affected by storms and flooding are encouraged to contact their local ANZ branch or relationship manager to discuss the impact of the flood on their business or personal circumstances.
As part of its assistance package, ANZ will offer to:
- suspend repayments on all loans for three months;
- waive fees associated with restructuring business loans considered necessary due to storm and flooding impacts;
- waive early withdrawal costs for term deposits;
- consider temporary adjustments to customer lending limits including credit cards to assist them to cope financially with unexpected costs arising from the storms and flooding;
- waive fees associated with replacement of damaged business EFTPOS/credit card terminals.
“We are committed to helping our local communities, and trust these measures will provide some relief for individuals and businesses in far north Queensland that have been impacted by the extreme weather conditions,” Mr Davidson said.