ANZ General Manager, Retail Queensland Paul Lewis said: “The storms have had a dramatic effect on Brisbane and the Gold and Sunshine coasts. We understand this is a very difficult time and we want to play our part in supporting customers who may be experiencing difficulty.”
ANZ customers who are affected by storms and flooding are encouraged to contact their local ANZ branch as soon as practical to discuss the impact of the flood on their business or personal circumstances. ANZ will offer to:
- suspend repayments on all loans for three months
- waive fees associated with restructuring business loans considered necessary due to storm and flooding impacts
- waive early withdrawal costs for term deposits
- consider temporary adjustments to customer lending limits including credit cards to assist them to cope financially with unexpected costs arising from the storms and flooding
- waive fees associated with replacement of damaged business EFTPOS/credit card terminals.
“We are committed to helping our local communities, and trust these measures will provide some relief for individuals and businesses in Brisbane and surrounding that have been affected by the extreme weather conditions,” Mr Lewis said.
Mr Lewis said ANZ staff thoughts were with the thousands of families that have been impacted by the storms, and particularly with the family of the young man who tragically lost his life.
All ANZ branches and ATMs in Brisbane are open as usual and phone and internet banking are available to customers 24 hours-a-day, seven-days a week by calling 13 13 14 or visiting www.anz.com