VoiceOver users please use the tab key when navigating expanded menus

ANZ opens new branch for customers in Indonesia

ANZ today officially opened ANZ Tower in Jakarta’s central business district which includes a flagship branch that will provide a full range of services to customers in Indonesia. 

President Director PT ANZ Panin Bank, Mr Joseph Abraham said ANZ Tower represented ANZ’s significant commitment to Indonesia and marked the start of an important new phase for ANZ and its customers in Indonesia. 


“I am delighted that we can now offer customers a fantastic banking experience at ANZ Tower,” Mr Abraham said. “It is home to our flagship full service branch that is now open and ready for business.


“Indonesia is a significant growth market for ANZ and our aspiration is to become one of the leading banks by providing first-rate products and services to retail and business banking customers in Indonesia.”


ANZ Tower features the new bank branch on the ground floor and several floors of office space which will provide a focal point for ANZ’s business in Indonesia. ANZ signage on top of the 25- story building is already a prominent feature on the Jakarta skyline.


In Jakarta today, the official opening was attended by Mr Mike Smith, ANZ Chief Executive Officer, Mr Alex Thursby, ANZ Group Managing Director Asia Pacific, Panin Bank’s Advisor Mr Mu’min Ali Gunawan, the HE Bill Farmer, Australian Ambassador and Mr Joseph Abraham, President Director PT ANZ Panin.


“ANZ Tower signals our long-term commitment to Indonesia and our intention to develop products and services that meet the needs of customers in this fast growing market,” Mr Abraham said.


ANZ has operated in Indonesia since 1973. In 1993, ANZ established a joint venture bank now known as PT ANZ Panin Bank of which it has an 85% shareholding with the remaining 15% held by Panin Bank. ANZ also holds a 30% stake in Panin Bank.


ANZ is one of the world’s leading banks in the natural resources sector and PT ANZ Panin is a leading player in natural resources in Indonesia. ANZ Panin has strong capabilities in project finance, structured trade, trade finance, working capital and term products and strong interest rate and currency risk management solutions. ANZ Panin has also marked its presence in the Indonesian credit cards business since 1997. With the launch of ANZ Platinum in 2000, ANZ Panin has established a strong position in the premium segment and recently launched the ANZ Black and ANZ Femme cards.


ANZ is one of the world's leading banks and one of the largest international banks in the Asia Pacific region. It is among the 50 largest banks in the world by market capitalisation with assets of US$430 billion as at 31 March 2008. It continues to have a strong capital position with a long-term credit rating of AA (Standard and Poors) and Aa1 (Moody's).


View PDF

Related Articles