Fairfax Media and ANZ will also commission a research report on private companies (including the TOP 500 private businesses) to examine the challenges and the outlook for this sector of Australia’s businesses community.
The Awards, which culminate in a gala dinner in August, will acknowledge the outstanding achievements of private businesses in the eleven categories below:
- Fastest Growing Private Business (Annual turnover <=$100mil)
- Fastest Growing Private Business (Annual turnover >$100mil)
- Excellence in Customer Service
- Excellence in Environmental Practices
- Excellence in Community Practices
- Most Admired Business Owner (voted by peers)
- Successful Private Business Trading Overseas
- Successful Private Business in Regional Australia
- Successful Private Business of the Year (Annual turnover <=$100mil)
- Successful Private Business of the Year (Annual turnover >100mil)
- Overall Private Business of the Year
Private businesses are invited to nominate for the awards, which will be judged by a panel of industry and academic experts. The winners and highlights from the research will be featured in BRW’s listing of the country’s top private businesses - the BRW Top 500 Private Companies.
ANZ Managing Director Corporate Banking, Mr Vishnu Shahaney, encouraged businesses to nominate for the awards. Mr Shahaney said: “ANZ Corporate Banking is thrilled to partner with BRW to recognise the essential contribution private businesses make to our economy.
“ANZ has a long history helping private business owners manage their specific challenges and opportunities. Approximately 80% of our Corporate Banking clients are privately owned, and we have leading capabilities to assist succession planning, exit strategies, mergers and acquisitions and growth management,” he said.
BRW Editor-in-Chief, Mr Sean Aylmer said: “We are delighted ANZ is supporting us in our efforts to recognise outstanding private businesses in Australia through this inaugural awards program, which is aligned to our BRW TOP 500 Private Companies publication.”
Nominations close on 6 June 2008. To obtain an entry form visit www.brw.com.au/ANZAwards/