The new additions involve the appointment of senior leadership positions, the development of a new advisory business, more multi-lingual private bankers and new tailored products. ANZ Private Bank Managing Director Mr Mark Ellis said: “This is a significant investment by the Private Bank and reflects our strong commitment to the financial needs of the Asian community both in Australia and overseas.
“It will mean our Asian clients will get a higher quality of service, ranging from more Asian speaking private bankers to a greater diversity of products. At the same time this strategy will aggressively grow our business, increasing market penetration and revenues,” Mr Ellis said.
The key points include:
- The appointment of a senior Asia Desk team leader to co-ordinate services around Australia
- More multi-lingual Private Bankers and Assistant Private Bankers, fluent in Mandarin, Cantonese, Japanese, Korean and Indonesian New tailored products to suit the needs of our Asian clients
- Expansion of our sponsorship involvement in support of the Chinese and other Asian Communities
- An upgrade to our cross border banking service which co-ordinates our clients’ needs across Australia and internationally.For example, clients returning to China can open up transaction accounts with ANZ China before leaving Australia and vice versa.
ANZ will also expand its dedicated private banking facilities in Hong Kong and Singapore in 2008:
- More Private Bankers and Assistant Private Bankers
- New advisory business
- Appointment of Head of Investment Products for Asia to source best of breed products
- Appointment of a Head of Private Banking Hong Kong
Mr Ellis said: “The expansion of our private banking facilities in Asia will enable us to play a major role in what is an important and high growth market for the ANZ by providing tailored Private Banking Services to meet the needs of our clients throughout Asia.”